Destin Pointe of View - Sandestin's Hidden Gem
Welcome to Destin POV!
Destin Pointe of View is a quiet little condo complex in Sandestin, Miramar Beach. The location is at the east end of Grand Boulevard, and while we are not beachfront, there is more to do here than you can shake a stick at at. Sandestin is small community of gorgeous homes, beautiful beaches, wonderful shops, and delicious restaurants. Baytowne Wharf is home an eventful lineup of fun and free entertainment, including numerous festivals, weekly fireworks, weekly concerts, magic shows, movies on the lawn, exciting nightlife, and even a carousel and HUGE playground. In the winter, they even have Santa and outdoor ice skating! There is ALWAYS something going on here!
POV is located about 2 miles to the beach in multiple directions. My favorite mode of transportation is riding the bike. There is a path with an underground tunnel that takes you right to the beachfront. (2 adult bikes are provided for your use.) Additionally, you can visit the numerous public beaches on the Sandestin beachfront near Whales Tale or Pompano Joe's. My FAVORITE beaches, however, are on 30A (a famous highway number but more like a destination!), where you will find quaint little beach towns and the beautiful Topsail Hill State Park. We are only 2 miles from this location. From here, you can board a trolley that will take you right down to a private beachfront where you will have TONS of space to yourselves, as you share a mile of beach with only the campers and visitors to the park.
30A has a 17 mile dedicated bike path which runs through little beach towns like Santa Rosa Beach, Blue Mountain Beach, Grayton Beach, Seaside, and Rosemary Beach. These are some of the most beautiful beaches you will ever discover. The bike path is along the beach, so you have beautiful views all along your ride. This is flat riding and one of the most family friendly things to do besides visiting the beaches. I absolutely LOVE riding here. You can rent bikes at many places along the bike path.
POV is located at the end of Grand Boulevard where there is a park with a huge lawn for football and frisbee, a weekly farmers market, and high-end restaurants like Emeril's and Tommy Bahama. We also sit in the middle of four huge golf courses that draw golfers from all over the United States. On a rainy day, you can instead hop down the street to one of the largest outlet malls in the SouthEast. Bass Pro and Destin Commons are other areas of interest for shoppers.
This complex has only a couple short term rentals. The rest of the complex is filled with very lucky locals who work during the day. This means during your vacation, they are at work, and the very nice pool is all for you. There is rarely anyone there. We also have a gym, charcoal grills, and picnic tables onsite. Since we are not beachfront, our rates are cheaper than most Destin rentals. This is a great way to explore the area, be in a fabulous location, and save some money!
This condo has two bedrooms and two bathrooms, plus a sofa bed. It sleeps 4 adults max (HOA mandated) but up to six people with kids in the count. Danica, the owner, owns and manages many condos in the area at Waterscape Resort. She calls POV "Corporate Headquarters." This is her personal pad when she is in town to work at Waterscape. When she isn't using it, she shares it with others. She says, "It's really the perfect place. I love staying here--it's close to everything, quiet when I want it to be, and fun when I want it to be. Come give it a try; you'll LOVE IT!"
Technical details about this condo
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Maximum occupancy is 4 adults, up to 6 with kids in the mix (infants count)
- Master Suite has a king size Sleep Number bed
- Master bath has a single vanity and tub/shower combo
- Second bedroom has queen size Sleep Number bed (plus a HUGE walk-in closet)
- 2nd bath has a single vanity and tub/shower combo
- Living room has a queen size sofa bed and Smart TV (no cable)
- Fully stocked kitchen ready for cooking
- Full size washer & dryer in dedicated laundry room
- POV has a keypad lock-Convenience is key (pun intended)
- Fast Wifi
- Patio storage area includes 4 beach chairs and an umbrella for your enjoyment when you visit the beach
- Includes 3 adult bicycles. Bring the kids' bikes with you.
Technical Details about the POV complex
- Located at Grand Boulevard, just outside the Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin
- Very nice, gated pool area
- Onsite gym
- Charcoal grills with picnic tables
- 2 miles to many public beachfronts
- Convenient to highly regarded restaurants with excellent Happy Hours
- Great shopping all around--high end boutiques - outlet malls - excellent thrift stores
- Weekly fireworks, concerts, festivals, and live entertainment at Baytowne (all FREE!)
- Sits between four Sandestin golf courses (open to the public)
- Biking and walking paths everywhere!